According to Investopedia, the term trademark refers to a recognizable insignia, phrase, word, or symbol that denotes a specific product and legally differentiates it from all other products of its kind. A trademark exclusively identifies a product as belonging to a specific company and recognizes the company’s ownership of the brand.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GRANT OF TRADEMARKS IN NIGERIA
TRADEMARK SEARCH: This is to confirm the registrability of the mark if it doesn’t infringe on any existing mark or is similar to any already registered mark.
- Owner of Mark (Company or Individual)
- Address of Mark Owner
- Phone Number
- E-Mail Address
- Trademark (Name, Sound or Device)
- Class of Specification of Goods/Services
- Specification of Goods/Services Description
- Attach Power of Attorney
Upon Approval/Acceptance, a Trademark Acceptance Letter is issued.
- TRADEMARK CERTIFICATE: Kindly note that Acceptance Letter should not be misconstrued as a certificate. Not until the mark has been published in the Trademark Journal and not opposed within two months can an application be made to the Registrar for a Trademark certificate.
Regville Associates offers end-to-end legal, tax and secretarial service for companies. We are an Accredited Agent of the Ministry of Trade and Investment, Department of Commercial Law, where Intellectual Property such as Trademarks, Patents and Designs are registered. We will be happy to hear from you regarding your Intellectual Property protection.
Tolulope Oguntade Regville Associates email@example.com 08065111667